Due to the fire we are severely restricted in the amount of water we can produce daily. We can currently reliably produce approximately 35,000 gallons of water daily and it must be “spread around” as much as possible. Normal summer months’ daily use is 110,000 to 120,000 gallons.
Because we can provide for only the minimum domestic usage, the following water use restrictions are enacted July 24, 2021 and remain in effect until further notice.
You may use the water for domestic indoor-use only!
- For drinking – Note that Marklee Village is under a boil-water notice. Read this post for more information.
- For cooking
- For washing – Please be water-wise when taking a shower or doing laundry
- To flush toilets – Please flush sparingly.
The following are prohibited uses:
- Washing structures – even those sprayed with fire-retardant
- Washing cars or RVs
- Irrigation/Landscape watering of any kind – this includes automatic sprinklers and drip-irrigation systems
- Filling pools or outdoor ponds.
When you return home, whether by escort or permanently, turn off automated landscape sprinklers; check all indoor and outdoor fixtures for leaks, and repair any that you may find.
We are doing all we can to restore our system to normal, but due to the fire, we are severely hampered.
We ask for your patience as we, and you, work to get back to some semblance of normal after/during the devastation caused by the fire.
We will communicate changes as conditions improve. Continue to check back here for the latest information.
Your MWC Board of Directors